Application and Approval to be an Exhibitor at KingCon
- The online application form needs to be completed and submitted to KTABS for approval prior to May 15, 2020. Submitting the application form does not guarantee acceptance or space for the Exhibitor.
- Applications must be submitted online via the form found here.
- There is limited space available for exhibitors. Exhibitors will be selected based on ….
- Selection to be made by Directors of KTABS using normal voting processes as defined in our bylaws.
- Fits with the goals and purposes of KTABS and KingCon
- Products and services need to be relevant to our attendees.
- Non-compete with local partners and community
- Local exhibitors will be given priority in order to support our local communities.
- Space is limited, meeting criteria does not guarantee acceptance
Fee for Exhibitor Space
- The cost
ofan Exhibitor space is $50.00. This cost covers the full Exhibitors open hours (Saturday and Sunday).
What is provided with space – Table, Power, Wifi
- One table (30” x 8ft) and two chairs (more can be provided if required).
- Access to electrical plugs – may need extension cords (not provided by KTABS. These will need to be taped down as required by the facility.
- Internet – Wifi is available in the Exhibitor space via the network provided by the facility.
Passes for Exhibitors
- Two (2) full weekend Exhibitor’s Passes will be included with the Exhibitor’s fee.
- For additional passes please contact us.
- The location of the exhibitors’ area will be within the main gaming area of KingCon. Specific table location is still to be determined.
Exhibitor Space Hours of Operation
- Hours of Operation:
- Saturday 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 10am – 4pm
- Exhibitors are expected to have personnel at their table for the hours of operation of the Exhibitors hours. No personnel will be provided by KTABS.
- Vendors may stay open later on Saturday if they choose up to 10pm.
Load-In and Load-Out
- Exhibitors are permitted to load-in and set up their exhibitor space one hour (9 am) prior to the Exhibitor Hours of Operation
. Load-out– The Exhibitor area is expected to be empty by 5:30pmon Sunday.
- No specific security will be provided to the Exhibitor area by KTABS
. Pleasenote there will be people in the room after exhibitor hours. You are required to secure your items.
Terms and Conditions
- The following Terms and Conditions Agreement will need to be signed by each Exhibitor and a KTABS Director.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Kings Tabletop and Boardgame Society (“KTABS”) is the host of KingCon. For the purposes of this agreement, KTABS will be represented by the Directors of the society.
- Exhibitors will comply with all Nova Scotia and Federal applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as those of the municipality and host facility in which KingCon is held. Exhibitors will be solely responsible for payments of all taxes and levies, as they relate to participation in KingCon. Exhibitor will hold KTABS harmless from any claims, suits or causes of action for violations thereof.
- Exhibitor will hold harmless KTABS and the Host Facility, or any of their respective officers, agents, directors, employees, volunteers, representatives or affiliates, from any liability, damage, loss, harm, claim or injury to property or person(s) of the Exhibitor, Exhibitor’s officers, agents, employees or other person, whether caused by the negligence of KTBAS or the Host Facility, or from theft, fire, water, accident or any other cause whatsoever.
- Exhibitor is responsible to provide its own insurance, if desirable, to protect Exhibitor and Exhibitor’s property from damage, loss, theft, harm or injury. Neither KTABS nor the Host Facility will obtain insurance on the Exhibitor’s behalf. Exhibitor is solely responsible for their own material, goods, samples and other property.
- If Exhibitor fails to comply in any respect with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, whether now or hereafter to become effective, KTABS has the right to terminate this Agreement upon notice to the Exhibitor. Notice can be given orally or by mailing, in which event notice shall be deemed given upon delivery by KTABS to a Canadian mailbox. Upon terminating by KTABS, KTABS shall retain any fees forwarded by the Exhibitor as liquidated damages (not a penalty) it is agreed that KTABS will be damaged by Exhibitor’s failure to comply. Exhibitor and KTBAS agree to this measure of damage because there is no other precise method of determining KTABS’s damages. If Exhibitor fails to occupy said space, KTABS is authorized to occupy said space as it sees fit.
- In the event that KingCon is not held or KTABS is unable to permit Exhibitor to occupy said space due to any cause or circumstance whatsoever, Exhibitor shall pay for space on a prorated basis only for the period the space was or should be occupied. KTABS is released from any or all claims arising from consequences.
- Exhibitor will obtain all necessary licenses and permits required for the operation of Exhibitor’s display.
- Exhibitor shall keep its designated area clean and return said area in the same condition in which it was received. Any damage caused by Exhibitor, its employees, agents or representatives to the space shall be borne solely by the Exhibitor. Exhibitor shall not nail, screw or otherwise attach anything to any part of said hall or building.
- KTABS has the right to restrict or expel any exhibit, person or thing, in whole or in part, which KTABS believes in its sole judgment, may detract or is otherwise objectionable to the general character of KTABS or the event of KingCon.
- Any subletting or assigning of Exhibitor space or of this Agreement, in whole or in part is prohibited without the prior written consent of KTABS, which consent may be withheld on KTABS’s sole discretion.
- KTBAS may, at its discretion, alter the official floor plan or utilize such space to sponsor related matters.
- Exhibitors will not be permitted entrance to the Exhibitors’ space more than one hour (i) prior to the scheduled opening of the
saidroom each day, excepting the opening day; or (ii) after closing hours after each day, excepting the closing day.
- Exhibitors shall not solicit or distribute any material outside of the Exhibitors’ area (excepting any designated posting areas). Exhibitor space is used solely to promote, market, display or sell merchandise and/or services.
- All merchandise, displays, tables, chairs and equipment must be maintained within each Exhibitor’s designated area.
- Distribution, selling or consumption of food or beverages (including alcoholic beverages) is prohibited.
- Any disruptive behaviour, in the judgment of the
KTABS, by the Exhibitor, its agents, employees or representatives shall result in expulsion from KingCon – membership and other fees beingnon-refundable.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia and all parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the town where KingCon is being held. The parties agree to waive all rights to a trial by jury on any cause of action directly or indirectly involving the terms, covenants or conditions of this Agreement.
- KTABS shall have the right to amend any of the foregoing terms and conditions and space rentals. Exhibitor agrees to comply with all foregoing terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions in existence at the time of KingCon as well as all local rules, regulation and other ordinances.